Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bringing up the rear end....

I've been working on a 1" scale wood caboose, closely modeling a B&O Wood caboose. The original prototype that I am following is located in Covington, KY., and can be viewed at this link: http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=862604

I printed out photographs and figured out how many strips of wood there are that span the length and width of the caboose, and approximated the stripwood to be about 3" -- and this gave me the dimensions for my caboose.

I've already framed the caboose, and have, in fact, already applied the stripwood around the perimeter of the caboose. At this point in time, I believe the roof segments have been completed as well. I am working on completing the windows (I didn't properly plan out the window work, thus I have to fudge it at this point in time). I already have trucks, which have been built. They require a little bit of work to be completed, including paint.

Current Condition:

No comments:

Post a Comment